SMS Libraries Manual
The Solid Modeling Solutions Libraries form a comprehensive suite of NURBS based geometric modeling kernels.
The SMS geometry library products include:
- SMLib™ – The Solid Modeling Library is a complete and powerful object-oriented geometric modeling kernel, based onTSNLib, with a fully functional non-manifold topological structure and solid modeling functionality. SMLib is designed to support the development of NURBS based solid modeling applications that require the Boolean operation that is the core of solid modeling.
- TSNLib™ – The Trimmed Surface NURBS Library is an expanded object-oriented software toolkit, based on GSNLib, with an extensive set of methods to create, edit, query, and intersect NURBS based trimmed surface representations. TSNLib is designed to support the development of NURBS based trimmed surface applications that do not require the Boolean operation that is basic to solid modeling.
- NLib™ – The NURBS Library provides an extensive set of routines for constructing and manipulating NURBS curves and surfaces. The algorithms of NLib are based on The NURBS Book by Piegl and Tiller.
- SDLib™ – The SubDivisionLibrary is a SubDivision Surfaces library that can be used for the construction and manipulation of subdivision surfaces, using the Catmull-Clark algorithm, and then output the resulting surface(s) as a NURBS, for use in SMLib.
- PolyMLib™ – The Polygon Mesh Library is an object-oriented software toolkit that provides a set of objects and corresponding methods to repair, optimize, review and edit triangle mesh models.
- Data translators – SMS offers optional NURBS-based IGES, STEP, VDAFS, SAT, Parasolid, Catia, Unigraphics, ProEngineer, SolidWorks and OpenNURBS geometry translator libraries with interfaces for the NLib, GSNLib, TSNLib, and SMLib products. (Some translators require an libraries from Datakit)